Visiting Graduate Students

Ontario Visiting Graduate Student Plan

The Ontario Visiting Graduate Student Plan allows a graduate of an Ontario university to take graduate courses at another Ontario university while remaining registered at his/her home university. The plan allows the student to bypass the usual application for admission procedures and the student pays fees to their home University. Learn more about the Ontario Visiting Graduate Student Plan.

Letter of Permission (LOP)

Applicants who are currently registered in a graduate degree program at a recognized institution outside of Ontario and who would like to complete course work or research at the University of Guelph for credit toward the degree at their home institution, should apply to attend Guelph on a Letter of Permission.

Canadian University Graduate Transfer Agreement (CUGTA)

The Canadian Universities Graduate Transfer Agreement (CUGTA, 1998) is to provide students in good standing enrolled in a graduate degree or diploma program at a CAGS member university the opportunity to avail themselves of courses offered at another member institution (host) for transfer credit to the program at their institution (home).

For more information on this agreement and procedures, please refer to theCAGS Website.
University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1